Tuesday 17 March 2009

New Ideas.


Today i watched the news :)

What is going on with this idea of raising the price of alcohol?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7944334.stm
Has someone gone completely insane?
So..fair enough drinking heightens liver failure but seriously, what on earth happened to free-will in this country?
First of all there was the smoking ban. Now as a smoker i think that move was a complete disgrace.
So yes, it's true that second hand smoke is a killer, but if you don't want to experience it, then don't venture into the smoking area!!!
Secondly, by banning smoking in public places, pubs greatly suffered. To make things worse they got another bashing when the recession hit and to add salt to the wound they now want to heighten the price of alcohol!
This is a complete disgrace.
Not only can we not smoke but we get rinsed on drinking aswell?
What impact will this have on our pubs?
As if they haven't suffered enough already. This would surely secure their meltdown.
But the true principal is that we have a leaders who think that can control every aspect of our lives. If i want to kill myself by smoking and drinking i will, and do you know why? Because i pay my taxes and if i want to live my life like that..i will because i've earnt it.
Why don't the government ever target real issues.. such as punishing the baks for gambling so much money or concentrating on saving money by getting rid of the millions of illegal immigrants that waste my money?
But no, they target me. I pay my taxes and i pay my national insurance, i work hard and they want to deny me of a cigarette and a drink? My pleasures? Does this make any sense at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment