Thursday 19 February 2009

Euthanasia


Week 12 should be on the subject of euthanasia due to the recent press surrounding the issue!!

I accept that for many religions, this is unacceptable, but i personally think that a humans dignity should not be lost when they are close to dying.

I cannot agree that it is more ethical to allow a relative to continue suffering when they are going to die anyway, to me this is completely unacceptable.

However, i understand that it is difficult to assess the circumstances surrounding an individual choice when they are ill and on medication.

The website below comments that 80% of the population agree with me and would like the rules surrounding euthanasia to be changed where a patient is terminally ill.


In my opinion, it is just a matter of time before the government seriously consider their position on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment